- Setting the Framework: incorporating restitution in an agency mission statement, issuing a clear directive to courts, and setting benchmarks for restitution;
- Promoting Early Payment: creating the expectation and implementing statutory tools;
- Making Payment Plans Work: gathering solid information, facilitating payment, and motivating defendants;
- Dealing with Default: providing for sanctions and other consequences and;
- Special Circumstances: relating to juvenile offenders and economic crime offenders.
Increasing restitution for crime victims: A toolkit
from the entry by Jeanette Moll on Right on Crime:
The National Center for Victims of Crime recently released a “Restitution Toolkit,” which provides state agencies and external organizations information on instituting or furthering restitution opportunities for crime victims. The information is in-depth and comprehensive, including: