This post is going to offer 5 clear steps to utilize in addressing bully behavior using Restorative Justice Circles….
1) Use Circles as a process to build community before using to repair harm….
2) Use Circles with a capital C…. To address something as crucial as bully behavior, use the power of the process that is based in values, empowers all and focuses a change of behavior by a change of heart.
3) Use Restorative Justice philosophy…. The process is designed to repair harm. Restorative Justice is grounded in respect and inclusion….
4) Comprehensive, whole school approach…. Do all you can to promote the use of a philosophy and approach from mission to discipline. Consistent attention to promote cultures of peace and belonging is needed. Use engagement, involve parents, support staff in efforts to build community and repair harm…..
5) Circle again and again. Someone recently told me a Circle blew up; made things worse. What a perfect time for another Circle….
I view conflict as opportunity, and Circle takes and makes the best of opportunities for growth and healing… In Circle, you have all the parties in attendance and you will be using consensus as the decision-making tool, which should take care of everyone’s needs.
Your donation helps Prison Fellowship International repair the harm caused by crime by emphasizing accountability, forgiveness, and making amends. When victims, offenders, and community members meet to decide how to do that, the results are transformational.Donate Now